Cancer is defined as the uncontrolled growth of cells that attack and cause damage to surrounding tissues. Oral cancer appears as a result of growth or sores on the mouth that is not lost. Oral cancer includes cancers lips, tongue, cheeks, floor of the mouth, soft palate and hard, sinuses, and pharynx (throat), can be life threatening if not diagnosed and treated early.
The risk factors of oral cancer include :
* Excessive alcohol consumption
* History of oral cancer in the family
* Exposure to excessive sunlight.
* Penderahan obscure musababnya in the mouth
* Pain / tenderness in the face, mouth, and neck.
* Kesulitasn chewing, swallowing, and speaking
* Chronic hoarseness
Choice of treatment depends primarily on public health, where in the mouth or oropharynx the cancer began, tumor size, and whether the cancer has spread. The doctor can describe treatment options and expected results.